Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to support their new factory. The role will report to The Head of HSE and responsibilities will include directing, coordinating and planning essential services including security, maintenance, archiving, cleaning, waste disposal, recycling and catering for visitors.
Safety is paramount and you will help us ensure the safe execution of preventive maintenance tasks as well as providing a rapid response to minimise any down time with machines in the factory.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience in the generation of method statements and risk assessments
- Experience in management or supervision of staff
- Good organisational and reporting skills
- Practical, analytical and logical problem solving skills
- A team player that is good with people
- A hands on person who can also work with systems and stakeholders to keep the building in the best condition possible
The role will include, but not be limited to;
Maintenance of the site
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors overseeing building renovations or refurbishments
- Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance through our bespoke software, Agility
- Developing the Agility system and uploading all maintenance tasks to it
- Developing a preferred suppliers list for maintenance tasks
- Negotiating with local suppliers to get the best deals for maintenance
- Keep the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped
- Develop service levels for the team and then use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed levels and to lead on improvement
Health and safety of staff
- Keep staff safe at all times
- Consult with H&S to ensure procedure are correctly followed for all work undertaken
- Fully investigating and recording any incidents, accidents and complaints
- Building temperatures are all set to the correct levels
- Check that work by staff or contractors is complete, satisfactory and deficiencies are closed
- Managing the security of the site
- Managing employee’s access to site and badges
Hosting of visitors
- Ensure the visitor experience the best possible, from the point they enter to the point they leave, including conferencing (AV, comfort in meeting rooms) and hosting (refreshments)
Keeping to our commitments to our landlord
- Working with the legal team for any changes needed to the site, ensuring all stakeholders are informed appropriately
- Handle certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for facility owners
Meeting corporate objectives
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- They need to manage the budgets and keeping records of all payments
- Support the company’s ESG goals of minimising the impact on the environment
In addition, the role will involve certain projects, including but not limited to;
- Working with Buildings Project Manager to support close out of dilapidations of the company’s old sites
- Working with the building file to ensure all warranties are followed for the first 12 months post fit out and beyond
- Ensuring, with H&S, the site remains Covid-compliant
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.