Andy File Associates Limited are working exclusively as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent position on behalf of Gosforth Field Association.
Facilities and Bar Manager £27,500 – £30,000 dependent on experience
Gosforth Fields Sports Association
Are you looking for a varied role within Hospitality and Leisure where you can really make a difference?
GFSA is a charitable organisation set up with the amalgamation of 2 football clubs and a rugby club and we’re looking for someone to take over from the current Facilities Manager who’s retiring after 12 years service.
GFSA’s facilities comprise of an 8 changing room clubhouse, complete with a bar/social room, office, commercial kitchen and snack kiosk. We’re proud to have 8 football pitches and 2 rugby pitches and a 3G pitch.
GFSA are looking for someone to run and promote the Facilities at every opportunity.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities to include:
Manage the bar on match days and evenings during the week to include:
- Customer Service
- Cellar management
- Staff recruitment and management
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Manage the outside caterers and kiosk
- Finance and budgetary responsibilities
Other income generation
·Sales of other events to generate income for the GFSA
·Room hire for birthday parties, festive parties weddings, etc.. .
·Commercial Business Meetings
·Coming up with new ideas or looking at ideas generatedby others to increase sales
·Looking at funding opportunities including with the FA and RFU and associated reporting.
Manage the pitch and changing room allocation
- Booking the 3 clubs fixtures in
- Coordination of various changes across the season
- Sales of spare capacity of the 3G pitch to other clubs, organisations or for private use
- Manage the building, car park, grounds and pitch maintenance working with contractors and volunteers
- Pre planned and reactive maintenance
- Work with the GFSA and local community groups to continue to make the Facility somewhere we’re all proud of
- On call for emergencies call outs
Necessary skills and experience required
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- The ability to multitask
- Commercial Acumen
- Finance and Budget Management
Preferred but not essential as training can be given
- Experience of working within hospitality and leisure
- Cellar Management
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus stats, pension