Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is an established law firm who are now looking for a qualified employment solicitor ideally with considerable PQE to join their busy team working with the Head of Employment.
Role and Accountabilities
- To manage a diverse caseload of both contentious and non-contentious cases in accordance with company protocols and procedures.
- To work closely with HR in the provision of external HR/Employment support services and in the development of existing client base.
- To confidently advocate and represent all clients’ best interests.
- To provide expert legal advice and instil best practice both externally and internally.
- To contribute to the review, creation and implementation of working practices and processes.
- To achieve and contribute to business objectives and accreditations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To pro-actively manage a caseload ensuring excellent file management and client care at all times.
- To personally represent clients and to secure best damages and deliver excellent results for all clients according to their instructions.
- To mentor, assist, develop and support other employees as required.
- To prepare and deliver internal and external training as appropriate.
- To achieve requisite financial and KPI targets set by the Management team as appropriate.
- To litigate pro-actively as appropriate
- Strong advocacy skills and extensive experience handling a broad range of employment issues including contentious and non-contentious cases
- Knowledge and experience from Claimant and Respondent perspective.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Case Management Systems
- Experience working in a team environment
- Technical proficiency commensurate with role
- Excellent case management skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Leadership aptitude and astute commercial awareness
- A pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently on own initiative
- Good letter writing and drafting skills and a pro-active, professional and flexible approach
Experience of Business Development including identifying and executing marketing initiatives is desirable
28 days holidays plus bank holidays
Parking on site
Homeworking available (not full time)