Andy File Associates are acting as a recruitment agency on behalf of our client regards this permanent vacancy.
To lead the electrical scope of work in the conversion of commercial vehicles into electric or hybrid electric vehicles. The position will be working primarily at the Rotherham facility and will play a key role in the integration of electric and hybrid drive systems into a range of commercial vehicles including trucks, buses and off road vehicles.
• Checking the electrical condition of existing vehicles prior to conversion
• Commsioning and flault finding on base vehicle electrical systems and installated re-power systems
• Using CAN tools and other PC based software tools for diagnostics and system programming
• Generating BoMs of material for electrical installations
• Promote safe working practices and lead by good example
• Supervision and development of shop personnel
• Support the planning and prioritising of workload to meet deadlines
• Maintenance of work instructions, skills matrix and risk assessments
• Ensuring day to day issues with Engineering/Quality/Purchasing/Stores are progressed, resolved with preventative actions in places to stop reoccurrence
• Ensure Quality of manufacture and correct procedures are adhered to
• Planning the installation of and installing wiring on EV repower vehicles
• Component selection for looms and electrical panels
• Manufactrure of LV control and power looms
• Manufacture of HV power looms
• Manufacture of LV control panels
• Monitor and maintain department consumable stock/tooling levels
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervisory and man management experience essential
• HGV or Bus experience
• Knowledge of multiplex vehicle systems
• Familiar with diagnosing vehicle CAN systems
• Ability to read electrical drawings
• Previous wiring harness assembly (preferred)
• Must be able to fault find, diagnose problems and develop effective solutions
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must pride themselves on high quality work and attention to detail.
• Experience working in a manufacturing/engineering environment
• Pro-active, innovative with the ability to thrive in challenging environments
• Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
• Ability to prioritise, organise and liaise across all departments
• Customer focused
• £30k depending on experience
• Varied and interesting work
• Rapidly growing business in a high tech green environment