Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an Electrical Panel Assembler to join their ever growing team in Sheffield. The role is to assemble and install control panels into their range of 20/30/40-foot electrolyser modules from drawings and cable schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fit, Wire, build and assemble power distribution units
- Fit electrical components and electrical wiring working from schematics and drawings
- Component assembly into printed circuit boards / control panels
- Assembly of light fabrication.
- Perform basic assembly, such as preparing parts for assembly, manual insertion of components and configuring pieces.
- Able to read and understand wiring schematics or assembly drawings and oral and written instructions.
- Knows basic verification and handling procedures of parts and components.
- Perform basic material handling functions.
- Make material acceptance and / or rejection recommendations.
- Completing wiring of panels
- Working to tight production deadlines.
- Running, and terminating wires/cables.
- Completing testing of the finished products.
- Working mostly from existing designs and some bespoke.
- You will have previous experience of panel wiring, electrical experience or strong wiring
Education & Training
- Electrical Apprenticeship / Recognised Electrical Qualifications
- 17th Edition (Ideally)
- Mechanical and Electrical understanding
- NVQ 2356 Level 3 qualification
- IPC competency certification
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous assembly experience from a workshop / factory / manufacturing environment is desirable
- Ability to carry out Electrical assembly duties.
- Role will involve use of hand tools so previous experience is necessary.
- Panel Building / Wiring experience an advantage
- Experience of fault finding and troubleshooting
- H&S Conscious
Skills & Abilities:
- Panel wiring, electrical experience and strong wiring skills
- Being able to take initiative and work on your own or in a team
- Experience of 5s and lean tool box
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- PC literate working with Microsoft office
Benefits include: Competitive salary, Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months, 25 days holiday plus stats.