Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards to this permanent position
We are looking to appoint an Electrical Maintenance Technician for a global leading Manufacturing organisation.
This is a permanent Day Shift with 27 days holiday, Westfield Healthcare, excellent Pension
Salary 36k to 40k
PURPOSE OF THE JOB AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Ensure that plant and processes are capable of safely and consistently achieving throughput, quality and yield targets, within a predetermined financial and legislative framework, with a philosophy of continuous improvement, and with minimum disruption to the Environment.
- Provide first line maintenance support to the business. Electrical, Mechanical and Multi-skilled Engineers will be considered for this position with a focus on a crossover of Engineering skills.
- To provide Engineering support within the department and to have direct responsibility for the maintenance of all items of plant.
- Deploy preventative maintenance techniques utilising the latest condition monitoring technology – build resultant captured data into an Engineering database to initiate remedial actions prior to failure.
- Co-ordination of all Planned Maintenance activities, to maintain machine availability through effective planned and breakdown maintenance. Maintain a safe working environment throughout the unit by working to ensure that all engineering activity is carried out to the appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and that appropriate control measures are in place. To develop a safe system of work. To include training and competence checking of operational personnel and contractors.
- To co-ordinate activities of engineering contractors on site.
- To recommend and affect plant modifications for plant immobilisation procedures to ensure safe working practices, to improve plant availability, performance and quality.
- To provide the necessary support in the training and development of placement students, apprentices and operations employees.
- Develop Engineering Management databases to ensure secure historical data including work requests, completed work lists, preventative maintenance plans, budgetary control, plant availability & component failure rates.
- Control local Engineering records to ensure plant modifications are recorded in a professional manner.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
HNC or equivalent in electrical Engineering Discipline
Preferred qualification in 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
From jobs, functions, industries etc.
Apprentice trained and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medium to heavy manufacturing industry.