Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is now looking for an Electrical & Design Engineer to work within the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of LV electrical panels, motor control centres and associated field cabling.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Technically review and understand engineering requirements.
- Production of electrical panel designs, layouts, BoMs, schematics and assembly instructions.
- Design of field wiring, cable containment, routing, transits and production of termination schedules.
- Support inspection and testing of final systems.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of electrical regulations, technology and best practice.
- Ability and willingness to work ‘hands-on’ to assist with fault finding
- Work with other engineering disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
Education & Training
- Time served engineer qualified to ONC/HNC/HND or relevant BTEC/degree.
- Expert user with high end design CAD software packages (PTC CREO preferred).
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong working experience with industrial electrical systems.
- Experience designing CE marked electrical panels and installations in accordance with EN 61439 and IEC 60364.
- Good understanding of safety circuits and components.
- Relevant design experience incorporating motor control gear/VSDs into electrical panel design, up to 100 kW.
- Working knowledge of the design requirements of the LV and EMC directives.
- Experience with incorporating Siemens PLCs and switchgear into panel designs (beneficial).
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualified.
Skills & Abilities
- Candidate should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Capability to work on projects in parallel.
- Attention to detail and an ability to produce high quality documentation and drawings.
- A full UK driving license
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months,
25 days holiday plus stats.