Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an Electrical & Control Engineer to work within their busy Electrical, Control and Instrumentation team. The successful candidate will help to ensure the timely delivery of control and safety systems for mega-watt scale electrolysers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of automation project documentation (URS, FDS, cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs).
- Technical review and approval of electrical and control project documentation.
- Development of control and safety concepts.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
Education and Training:
- Time served engineer qualified to ONC/HNC/HND or relevant BTEC/degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Considerable experience working with industrial automation systems.
- Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300/400/1200/1500.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
- Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems – Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced.
- Experience with building and troubleshooting LAN and WAN networks
- Specification and commissioning with kW-to-MW rectifiers and VSDs.
- Cable specification and design in accordance with BS 7671/IEC 60364.
- Experience with hazardous area installations – ATEX.
- Experience in the process sector.
- A full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
Skills & Abilities:
- Candidate should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Capability to work on multiple project simultaneously.
- An attention to detail and a methodical approach to work is essential for this role.
Competitive salary, Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months, 25 days holiday plus stats.