Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this temporary position.
Digger and Dumper driver required
Our client is a playground business, designing and installing very high quality natural play areas, into schools and nurseries, with a strong emphasis on landscape design.
We are now looking to recruit a Digger/Dumper Driver whose willing to labour to join them on a temporary basis. The role involves the installation of hard landscape projects including groundworks and installation of play equipment. The ideal candidate will be expected to prepare sites and install projects to a high standard, meeting the requirements outlined by the Site Manager. The role comprises of the following functions:
- Hard Landscape Works – ground works, retaining structures, woodwork, timber edgings, paving, artificial surfacings, water features, stone features, installation of play equipment etc.
- Soft Landscape Works – involving the cultivation and preparation of ground for turfing, seeding or planting; planting of trees, shrubs and ground cover plants; undertaking turfing and seeding works etc.
- Ensuring that sites are maintained in a safe and secure condition at all times and that works are undertaken fully in compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Promoting at all times the company’s professional image on site.
Due to the nature of the business, this role is physically demanding and will require the successful candidate to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, and to be available to work nationwide when required (some projects will involve staying away Monday-Friday due to the location).
A DBS check will also need to be undertaken for this role as you maybe working in schools.
The person we are looking for should ideally be:
- Experienced in Soft/Hard Landscaping
- Experienced in Digger/Dumper driving
- Hardworking and flexible
- Willing to travel and stop away when required
- Hold a valid CPCSS card
In return our client offers:
- Competitive rate of pay and subsistence allowance
- A friendly and supportive working environment