Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
We are looking for a Semi-Automatic Cutting operative to join our small family business.
The post is a full time and permanent position based just outside Royston, Barnsley. The new post is the result of new contracts gained. Full training will be given to the successful candidates.
We are a large timber reclamation and pallet yard, looking for sensible, methodical thinking machine operator to look after and run their most expensive bit of kit, to date!
You will agree a cutting list with the Production Supervisor, before programming the Crosscutter with the various lengths that are required. You will then feed the timber onto the saw where it will cut to the correct measurements and pass on to another operative to collect and store.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Hours:42.5 Hours per week Mon-Thur (7.30am – 5.00pm) Fri (7:30am-4:30pm)
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Comfortable with basic interaction of a computerised system. You need to work a mouse and type figures into a programmable spreadsheet.
• Able to concentrate in a very repetitive environment. Be able to focus on the job at hand.
• Methodical in duty. Must pay attention to the work that they are completing.
• Flexible and quick to react to change. You will still be operating the Crosscutter, but what gets cut may change frequently in a normal working day.
• You will process wood through our computerised cutting machine.
• Be required to operate other machines as and when required.
• Maintain machinery (Light Maintenance)
• Work in a team of two.
• Work to issued cutting requirements.
• Adhere to all health and safety procedures of working with machinery.
• You will process waste into the correct bins.
• You will report to the departmental Supervisors.
• Undertake training as required for the role as and when required.
• You will carry out such reasonable ad hoc duties as and when required.
• Other duties include the cleaning and basic maintenance of the Crosscutting machine and the surrounding area, creating basic reports and keeping the supervisor updated.
Qualifications and Skills
• Knowledge of pallets is preferable.
• Attention to detail.
• Experience of using machinery is preferable.
• Working in a safe environment.
• Experience of a computerised system.
Upon successful completion of probationary period you will have the option to join company health scheme