Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client, a long established general high street practice have a vacancy in their Doncaster office for a Criminal Law Solicitor, preferably who qualifies to go on the duty solicitor rota and possibly to also undertake other areas of work in conjunction.
- Covering all aspects of work from police station attendances, magistrates court advocacy etc.
- Providing high standards of service clients
- Providing advice and advocacy within the Courts
- Liaising with clients
- Managing a caseload and ongoing work coming into the department
- Qualified Solicitor with experience in practicing Criminal Law
- Duty accreditation would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational, multitasking and time management skills
- Good advocacy skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Determination and motivation
- The ability to think on your feet and process information quickly
- Neutrality and impartiality
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to empathise and understand feelings, emotions and motivation
- The ability to work well in a high-pressure environment
- An open mind with the ability to make fair, morally just decisions
- Excellent research and analytical skills
Bonus, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays. A further day after 5 years srvice and again after 10 years service. Standard NEST pension.