Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this Permanent vacancy.
We are delighted to be working with a successful family-run business , based in S71
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision and interpretation of key financial management information.
You will maintain and enhance the company’s accounting procedures.
Key duties include:
- Ensure compliance with Accounting Codes of Practice is achieved and maintained. Act in accordance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Financial Instructions, procedures and guidelines at all times
- Produce accurate financial reports for senior management
- Manage cash flow
- Reconciliation of accounts, statistical returns, VAT advice and compliance, supervision of bank reconciliation, VAT returns
- Liaise with advisors on insurance policies and insurance claim issues
- Oversee accounts administration (liaising with Sales re overdue payments)
- Complete monthly payroll administration and all aspects of time and attendance processes to resolve payroll concerns. Process leavers, calculate A/L entitlement and final salary payments.
- Administer and maintain personnel and salary records in compliance with GDPR requirements.
- Conduct ad-hoc duties such as but not limited to; GDPR & Accounting audits grants, voluntary funds, and any other reasonable task asked of you.
- Carry out Line Management responsibilities appropriately of 2 Office staff
- Ensure financial policies are being adhered to as set out in the Company policies
- Supports Managing Director in the conduct of their Financial duties
- Attend appropriate employment seminars and other training events to keep up to date with payroll/ financial legislation
- Work in accordance with Company Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental management policies
There is developmental scope within the role, eventually leading to taking over the whole payroll process to include;
- Proactively implementing procedures to ensure that payroll is processed accurately
- Complete Pension returns
- Processing PAYE, NIC
- Dealing with HMRC and keeping in line with all current legislation
- Maintain financial records and produce regular financial management information, budgets and Company annual accounts
- Ensure the Company maximises income from available grants and other forms of finance and administer such grants
- Manage foreign exchange and contracts with utility and communication systems suppliers
- Foster relationships with the Company’s bankers and other external professional advisers
Essential: Either a Finance & Accounts Degree, or minimum part qualified AAT / CIMA / ACCA
Skills and Experience:
IT literacy e.g. advanced Microsoft Excel / Sage 50
Ability to prepare and management accounts
Payroll processing experience
- Be confident with making evidence-based decisions with excellent attention to detail
- A proven high level of understanding of accounting processes. Ability to do manual calculations
- Maintain effective working relationships with the Company’s stakeholders and external parties
- Continually develop and improve financial IT systems and processes
Hours of work: 9.00 to 5.30 Monday to Thursday, Friday 9.00 to 4.30.
Half an hour lunch break
Holidays: 22 + stats ( 2 to be used over Christmas)
- Free car parking
- Westfield Health Scheme