Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is now looking for an enthusiastic Systems Engineer to join their Safety & Control team. The role will involve the design, build, test and implementation of industrial control systems (both hardware and software), the configuration of PC software packages to provide user interface and data processing functions and the integration of software packages using standard protocols and custom developed software/scripts.
The successful candidate may be expected to work across various offices and on client sites throughout the UK if required, but can be primarily based out of either their Sheffield or Warrington office.
The role will involve:
- Design, development, programming and testing of critical innovative solutions under the guidance of more experienced engineers.
- Working as a key team member resolving hardware and software challenges for assigned solution areas.
- Design and configuration of cyber-secure infrastructure and communications between solution components using industry standard protocols.
- Developing a thorough understanding of operational procedures and ensure compliance with both internal and external standards.
- Assembly supervision and electrical testing of solution hardware (including functional safety systems) under the guidance of experienced engineers.
- Installation and commissioning of solutions on customer sites.
- Providing support and mentoring for more junior engineers.
You will have:
- A basic understanding of electrical system drawings, including GA’s, wiring schematics and termination diagrams.
- Experience with Schneider Products – M580 range of PLCs, Unity Pro, Vijeo Designer
- Good fundamental electrical knowledge and ability to understand/interpret system drawings.
- A sound grasp of general IT/OT Technologies and development methodologies.
- Awareness/understanding of Quality Management System procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System configuration and lockdown.
- Knowledge of network switch and firewall configuration and network management package.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic or Electrical or Software Engineering (min 2:1) or similar qualification.
- Experience undertaking a structured project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience with software development and configuration tools, methods and processes.
- Excellent ability to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution.
- Excellent verbal, written and interactive communication skills.
- Infrastructure, nuclear or HVAC controls experience.
You will be:
- Proficient in generation of formal technical documentation for the full life cycle of projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Able to estimate time and costs for common tasks.
- Eligible for security clearance checks for access to client sites.
- Able to operate “self-sufficiently” on customer’s premises, including production locations.
- Able to demonstrate the appropriate level of commercial awareness and diligence.
- Demonstrably enthusiastic to understand developing technological capabilities and to identify how these can be applied.
- Proactive with a genuine desire for continuous improvement.
- Flexible, co-operative and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Confident and calm under pressure.
25 days hols + bank hols
Pension scheme contributory after 6 months
Life Assurance scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to work scheme