Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an experienced Control and SCADA Engineer to work within the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation team, the successful candidate will work to maintain and upgrade the Company’s SCADA system and remote access infrastructure. The candidate will also contribute to the delivery of the control and safety systems for mega-watt scale electrolysers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and have ownership of our client’s SCADA system, ensuring it has the capability to match the growth of the company (and number of connected assets).
- Develop templates and procedures for WinCC graphics/screens and tag management to help standardise the SCADA system to help future growth of the system
- Support the after sales team to ensure the SCADA system delivers the required functionality and develop remote support packages available to electrolyser owner/operators providing the company with additional revenue streams.
- Design and upkeep of remote telemetry hardware/software solutions and configuration.
- Creation of control system documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
- Have effective troubleshooting skills in order to assist operators and commissioning engineers who utilise the SCADA system locally & remotely
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- Implementing future software upgrades / updates
Knowledge & Experience:
Extensive experience with Siemens WinCC (SCADA) 7.4 > 7.5 including:
- Creation of graphics/screens
- Alarms management system
- Server setup and management
- Creation of VB scripts
- User management
- Experience in interconnecting different SCADA systems together to allow data transfer from multiple sites.
- Experience with PLC based automation systems
Skills and abilities:
- You should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- A full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months and 25 days holiday plus stats.