Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Due to growth our client is now looking for a Control Panel Design Engineer to help the company deliver upon its multi-megawatt project commitments.
- Technically review and understand engineering requirements.
- Production of electrical panel designs, layouts, BoMs, schematics and assembly instructions.
- Design of field wiring, cable and termination schedules.
- Support inspection and testing of final systems.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of electrical regulations, technology and best practise.
- Ability and willingness to work ‘hands-on’ to assist with fault finding
- Work with other engineering disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
Essential Experience and Background
- Time served engineer.
- Strong working experience with industrial electrical systems.
- Expert user with LV panel CAD software packages.
- Experience designing CE marked electrical panels and installations in accordance with EN 61439.
- Good understanding of safety circuits and components.
- Capability to work on projects in parallel.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualified.
- A full UK driving licence
- Experience with incorporating Siemens PLCs and switchgear into panel designs.
- Knowledge of EN 61439, IEC 60364.
- Knowledge of the LV and EMC directives.
- Design/specification of wiring looms
Competitive salary and benefits to include:
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.