Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a Chemical Process Scientist to join the team. This position will be responsible for the coating process operation and implementation at a production stage.
- Scale up the coating process from the pre-series process to production.
- Supervision of all coating operations: procurement of raw materials, quality assurance.
- Managing suppliers and subcontractors, maintaining good working relationships.
- Care of the analytical techniques.
- Writing standard operating procedures, COSHH and Risk Assessments.
- Development and validation of analytical methods for the quality control of the developed processes.
- Characterisation of materials by different analytical techniques such as SEM-EDX and XRF.
- Use of electrochemical instrumentation.
- Use of general laboratory equipment such as balances, titrators, pH and conductivity probes.
- Maintenance and calibration of general laboratory equipment.
- Responsible of the XRF use and storage as Radiation Protection Supervisor for the company.
Competences and qualifications
- HND or Degree in Chemistry (or related subject) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience handling with chemicals.
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.