Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is now looking for a Chemical Process Lab Technician. You will be operating a production process involving chemicals in the laboratory. Work will be done independently under the supervision of a member of the R&D department.
- Accurate data recording.
- Sample collection and preparation for analysis.
- Sample analysis using titrator, conductivity and pH meters.
- Preparation of chemical solutions
- Monitoring and maintaining research scale electrolyser test stations.
- Building research scale electrolysers.
- Laboratory housekeeping.
Competencies and qualifications
- HND or Degree in Chemistry (or related subject) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience handling with chemicals.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent records keeping.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions i.e. standard operating procedures.
- Well organised.
- Good time management skills.
Training will be given in Company specific procedures and job specifics. The successful candidate will be able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary. Good employment references and relevant qualifications are essential, and experience working in an engineering environment will be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months
- 25 days holiday plus stats