Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
All About Our Client
Our client’s business was started in 1866 and has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets them apart from their competitors. They are a leading steel stockholding business, with 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
All about the role
This is a great opportunity to become part of an integral team in creating & producing digital drawings for our client’s customers. You may already have CAD skills & that’s great, or you may have limited experience but confident on computers and have the passion, drive and will to develop.
Specific tasks include:
- Interpret, create & produce digital drawings from the customer’s specification & requirement
- Programming for CNC Profile Machines such as: Laser, Plasma, Gas & Drilling
- Updating stock and orders on the system
- Analysing usage of certain items and the associated costs
- Inputting orders onto system
- Produce accurate costing estimates in response to customers/product development
All about you
Essential Skills for the role:
- Excellent verbal, written & numeracy skills
- CAD experience desirable but must have confident computer skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise effectively
- A positive flexible attitude and approach
How it feels to work for our client
The client will provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Their people are the driving force behind the company and they seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help them build and develop their business. Our client encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
- Competitive Salary
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension, Bonus potential