Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this contract position.
Our client is looking for a CAD Engineer with considerable experience in high-end CAD package CREO to strengthen its R+D team and to work on a 6 months fixed term contract. You will be responsible for working closely with the technology group developing concept designs through to complete prototype units. This will include 3D modelling, creating configurations of standard products, assisting with FEA (advantageous not essential) and creating layout drawings and Bill of Material (BOM) tables. The ideal candidate would also interact with the production team helping with product handover from R+D to product. The candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager. Training will be given to the successful candidate before the role commences.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have considerable experience with high end CAD package CREO
- Must have experience of working with configurations in CAD
- Must have CREO part family and advanced assembly module experience
- Must be able to produce manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Must have familiarity with a manufacturing environment including BOM’s, MRP
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preference for a Mechanical engineering degree
- Must be comfortable working to short timescales
- Must be comfortable in working on different projects at the same time
- Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
- Basic Solidworks skills
- Knowledge of windchill or other PLM software
- Basic FEA skills
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats. pro rata