Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is a proven global e-Procurement software as a service marketplace provider since 2006, and creator of the leading procurement publication ‘In-procurement’. With over 800 clients worldwide in over 130 countries utilising the software in part or as a whole and forming the ‘In-tend Community’.
We are currently recruiting for a Bid Writer this position will support the sales, procurement and senior management in the sourcing and completion of bid opportunities.
The client is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. They believe in creating environments that reflect our diverse communities. They are a culture that values difference, fosters inclusion and promotes collaboration. They open our doors to new perspectives, new voices, and new opportunities. They know that diversity drives innovation, empowers employees, and bolsters social responsibility. They are growing our network of people, programs and resources aimed at moving our company and industry forward.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ascertain new and relevant bid opportunities from all relevant sources
- Continuous control of ongoing Bids assigned to you
- Production of high-quality bid submissions working alongside all departments
- Thorough understanding and research of each Bid, to ensure best offer
- Customer research to fully understand and support bid responses
- Attendance Bid Interviews/Presentations where required
- Continuous research to determine contracts of interest which may be soon ending, and preparation therefore of potential Bid opportunities
- Obtain feedback on tender exercises post tender to help continuously make improvements to responses and pre-written material.
- Developing ongoing case studies for use within future bid submissions
- Controlling the pricing element of the bids alongside the sales team
- Maintenance of tender pipeline, job tracker & bid library
- Ensure all bids are completed and returned on time, as well as managing any feedback required
- Contributing to our ISSN bi-monthly publication, In-Procurement
- Assist in overseeing and upskilling junior members of the team
- Other duties as required
- Excellent understanding of the procurement process to understand bid requirements and the typical structure of tender exercises
- Ability to understand evaluation criteria and respond to tenders strategically with aspects of this in mind, including weighting and scoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Experience of delivering bid writing
- Experience in delivering a range of training materials both in person and online
What we can offer
- Excellent rates of pay of up to £40,000 depending on experience
- Excellent in-house training
- Home based – laptop and phone provided
- Potential to travel
- Company pension