Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is currently seeking someone with a variety of skills to join our team as an Application Support and installation Engineer. We produce innovative web based applications and your role will be to support internal users and developers as well as external clients. Our client is looking for someone who has excellent communication skills and is eager to learn.
The ideal candidate will have experience on a helpdesk providing 1st and 2nd line support via telephone, email and remote support. You will be supporting a bespoke online application so previous experience in this type of role would be beneficial. We provide web – based applications, so experience with IIS or SQL is essential.
Any scripting experience would also be an advantage so ensure it is all clear in your CV.
Candidates should also have a working knowledge of ITIL Service Management, particularly Incident and Problem Management, and how it is applied practically in the Helpdesk environment.
We are looking for someone with good SQL / IIS and Windows server experience that we can train on our applications so if you have exposure to the key technologies listed and a passion to learn then this could be the perfect role for you.
– Assisting the support team deliver quality support to users with their core business applications.
– Monitoring the service desk for incidents. If possible, resolving them or referring them to application support specialists
– Improve applications and processes for the delivery of specialised services
– Provide systems administration of core applications, testing and implementing changes.
– Provide 1st and 2nd line support to the Operations and Business Support teams and monitor the service desk call logging software.
– Resolve any service delivery issues and customer complaints
– Identify any improvement opportunities. Provide assistance with the implementation of improvements.
– Assist in the enhancement, upgrading and testing of business applications
Key Technologies / Things to Learn:
– 1st and 2nd Line Support Email, Telephone, Remote
– Bespoke Applications
– SQL Server
– Web based IIS, Ecommerce, HTML, CSS,
– Windows Server 2008 and above
– Application build / install tools
You will be a self –starter with problem solving skills who is capable of working independently
– Must be a strong communicator with professional demeanor and able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
– You will also have effective and approachable telephone manner as well as strong organisational skills that benefit your workloads
– Must have customer service experience within similar environment and competent in your technical abilities