Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position of a Food Safety Manager at a catering and retail butchery company.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 17:00pm – based on site. Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00 pm on a rota basis of approximately 1 in 7.
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 per annum DOE
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role through a Hygiene, Quality or Technical management related position in the food manufacturing sector.
The successful candidate will be qualified to Advance Food Hygiene Level 4 or equivalent or be prepared to undertake the qualification.
The role is to ensure the company meets all food safety legislation in line with the company’s food safety policy. This will include company HACCPs, product specifications, supplier monitoring, microbiological testing etc.
The role includes liaison with external auditing bodies such as Food Standards Agency, Trading Standards, EHOs and auditing bodies.
- Ensure all Food Safety legislation is complied with, and the company is kept up to date with new legislation and compliance matters.
- Ensure all aspects of the company’s Food Safety Manual is complete, up to date and being always adopted by all staff.
- Responsibility for updating and maintenance of the Company’s HACCP systems.
- Ensure the company is compliant with allergen legislation.
- Carry out audits of the systems to ensure the company’s Food Safety Policy is operating.
- Liaises with the relevant Managers, supervisors, and staff to monitor the Food Safety Policy for the Company.
- Ensure the training needs of the company are being met in terms of food safety.
- Ensure Working Instructions are in place for all company activities.
- Ensure all food labeling legislation is met by the company.
- Ensure that Suppliers to the Company are appropriately monitored.
- Ensure product specifications exist for all relevant bought in and sold products.
- Responsibility for ensuring the company’s obligations to trading standards, EHO, Veterinary Officers, external auditing bodies are met.
- Meet with any regulatory or inspecting bodies as and when required.
- Produce reports to the Senior Management Team on the company’s performance regarding Food Safety.
- Coordinate and manage product development for the company.
- Carry out complaint and returns analysis in the absence of the Customer Care Executive.
- Any other duties relating to Food Safety that may be reasonably requested.
- Coordinate the activities of the Management Team in contract tender work for the company
- Support the activities of the Management Team as and when required.