Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is one of the fastest growing IT Managed Service and Solutions companies in the North. They have an innovative perspective on how IT should be delivered with a dedication to raising standards within the IT Support sector.
They are looking for 2nd Level Support Engineer that would report directly to the Head of Engineer. The Support Engineer Role is that of providing second level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfillment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and successful team within a business with aggressive growth plans.
• You will provide 1st & 2nd line support remotely or onsite (break/fix problems and service requests) to our clients in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
• Escalate issues which are beyond the employee’s capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
• Deliver general technical advice to the customer
• Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the IT operational service.
• Some out of hours work available/required
• 2nd Level Support takes over Incidents which cannot be solved immediately with the means of 1st Level Support.
• If necessary, it will request external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers.
• The aim is to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
• If no solution can be found, the 2nd Level Support passes on the Incident to Problem Management.
• Possess a strong technical understanding of the standard hardware and software supported by our client such as Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server troubleshooting skill and experience
• MS Exchange 365 Server, create AD users, mailboxes, distribution and security groups
• General Server Administration tasks, including disk and volume maintenance, Windows Event
• Troubleshooting and program installation and maintenance
• Troubleshooting networking issues by using commands (trace route, ipconfig etc.)
• PCs, Laptops (Mac experience desirable) and troubleshoot faults
• Be self-motivated with a “can do” attitude in responding to the challenges associated with providing end user
• Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot the following software packages;
o All Microsoft Windows Operating systems but primarily Windows (last and latest versions)
o Centralized Anti-Virus software
o MS Office software packages
• Provide excellent remote support of desktop printing and mobile issues.
• Outstanding troubleshooting and communication skills
• Preferred MCP/MCSA or equivalent or working towards them or a desire to.
• PC support and problem resolution on difficult PC hardware and software issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills a must as dealing with all levels within the business.