Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to head up a Production CAD/CNC Joinery team.
• Proactively manage the workload to ensure uninterrupted work flow of the production facility
• Preparation of working drawings, graphics layouts and stock item pick lists for the manufacturing process from supplied visuals, concepts, briefs, sketches and existing Vector Works files into large scale print outs using AutoCAD
• Prepare CAD models to ensure the highest sustainable yield when utilising the CNC machine and optimisation of production
• A highly proficient knowledge of AutoCAD
• Provide clear and accurate advice on methods of construction and have a working knowledge of exhibition joinery
• Manage the control and distribution of drawings internally and externally where applicable
• Work closely with Production, Graphics, Design and Project Management to ensure margin protection and offer technical support where necessary
• Organise past projects into an easy to use library for year on year recall
• Promote fresh and innovative thinking towards client solutions
• Regularly liaise with the Senior Production Team Leader and the workshop team
• Quality control on shopfloor – liaison with shopfloor workers, making sure they have all information required to standards set by our Manager, control drawings etc, making sure the workshop staff understands each detail and crosschecking that production is correct and in accordance with information provided
• Management and development of the CNC / CAD team to ensure output matches the growth of the department