Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is a world leading learning company with more than 20,500 employees operating in 70 countries. Combining world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale.
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Associate Payroll and Pensions and as part of the Associate Management department, the Associate Payroll & Pensions Relations Manager is responsible for leading a team of 6 full time Co-ordinators based in London & Manilla. The successful applicant will effectively manage the processing of fees and expenses to circa 30,000 Associates via a weekly PAYE payroll (including a workplace pension scheme); ensuring absolute accuracy of financial transactions and that a consistently positive customer and stakeholder experience is provided.
Additionally, the Associate Payroll & Pensions Manager will be responsible for ensuring continual process improvement and managing the business relationship with other stakeholders, Technology teams and third party suppliers.
The post holder will be required to be flexible during busy periods. In peak periods over summer it may not be possible to take extended annual leave.
Some travel between the offices ie :London and to third party Supplier sites is to be expected.
Core Tasks & Responsibilities
- To monitor and manage each step of the weekly PAYE payroll & pensions process for c.30k workers ensuring all timescales and deadlines are met across multiple first and third party teams
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are documented, adhered to and operate within relevant regulatory, legal and government requirements including HMRC, DWP and Ofqual standards
- Seek out and champion continuous improvement of all processes by engaging with stakeholders and identifying changes in business needs and requirements
- Troubleshoot and manage any technical/process issues which may cause a block of inefficiency/inaccuracy to the payroll process by liaising with technical teams and key stakeholders
- Manage schedule of work activities for each team member’s area of responsibility, feeding into departmental business calendars as appropriate
- Monitor the accurate setup of all payments systems, fees and Financial coding ahead of process
- Oversee and manage the production, quality checking and final approval sign off of all payment files including international/foreign currency fees and expenses within strict deadlines
- Maintain and continually improve communication channels and positive working relationships with all first and third party stakeholders and suppliers such as ADP, Capita/CWT, IBM and NEST as well as offshore support and stakeholder relations
- Manage interactions with the Associate Helpdesk team via phone, email and CRM ticketing system, offering advice on best practice, ongoing knowledge sharing and updates on issues and trends which may impact query volumes
- Compose responses and manage cases to resolution for all escalated customer queries and complaints within SLA and using an appropriate tone of voice.
- Manage the payroll end of year close down including negotiation of a closedown schedule and the distribution of P60s as required.
- Manage regular 1:1, performance management and team building activities to promote a positive working environment, consistent motivation and personal development
- Ensuring weekly payroll deadlines are met
- Ensuring Associate queries and complaints are dealt with appropriately and within SLA
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with customers & stakeholders
- Managing peaks in processing volume
- Providing complete transparency and visibility to customers and stakeholders
- Remaining focused under pressure
- Ensuring complete attention to detail at all times
- Meeting very tight deadlines
- Directly manage a team of permanent staff who work remotely in various locations across the UK and the Philippines.
The successful applicant will be/have:
- Personable, approachable and a confident leader
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
- Strong organisation, planning and time management
- Absolute attention to detail
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Managerial/Supervisory Experience
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Visio etc)
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills, including the use of functions such as pivot tables and vlookups
- Confident user of communication tools for holding virtual meetings/teleconferences
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software
- Experience within a Finance/Payroll setting
- High volume data processing
- Managing complex processes
- Managing multiple stakeholders
- Motivating teams to deliver accurately and on time
- Knowledge of payroll and pensions regulations and legislation
- Working towards or completed a payroll specific qualification such as CIPP
Standard 37.5 hours a week, office hours, Monday – Friday but will be required to be flexible during busy periods including the possibility of working at weekends occasionally.
Overtime may be paid or offered as time off in lieu
What they offer you
A great package and a fantastic range of benefits that you would expect to receive in a global organisation, including 25 Days annual leave, increasing by 1 each year up to 30 days with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days per year on top of this.
other benefits also include a fantastic Pension plan, private medical insurance, private dental care, season ticket loan, eye tests, cycle to work scheme, volunteering days, discounted products and services from leading companies and much more.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Yearly bonus
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday