Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent vacancy.
The Junior QS will engage in a range of tasks including site visits, costings, budgets and valuations whilst developing their skills through ongoing, on-the-job training and shadowing accomplished construction professionals in their day to day.
With exciting future prospects and the opportunity to learn from well-honed industry figures this is an exciting opportunity for a junior level QS to kick start an exciting and rewarding career.
- Coordinate and manage various installation contracts which value between £20k – £500k working with schools, local authorities and businesses
- Organise skills training for the installation teams
- Maintain, review & develop H & S & quality systems & procedures
- Pre start contract meetings
- Check & sign off completed contracts
- Advise on costings
- Manage the supplier business relationships to ensure that all operational agreements are delivered to the maximum
- Manage communications between key business functions including installation teams, sales, design and finance ensuring that all activities are integrated.
- Be an ambassador of the company at all times
- Surveying responsibilities for a range of construction projects
- Shadowing the Operations Director and management to develop skills
- Costings, budgets and site meetings
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must have H+S Qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to develop relationships
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to successfully use IT facilities and systems, such as Microsoft word and excel
- Self motivated
- Prepared to undertake a lot of travel with some overnight stays
- Commercially aware
- Proven experience and success in project management
- Experience in cost control
- Experience in creating Risk Assessments, Method Statements and safety plans
- Strong IT skills
- Relevant degree or junior level QS experience
- Able to carry out expected surveying responsibilities