Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior HGV Mechanic with leadership and management skills to assist in running our HGV maintenance, service, upgrade and repair garage.
A professional HGV mechanic who is extremely self motivated and driven to ensure repairs are turned around as soon as possible with specific emphasis on safety & quality whilst exercising attention to detail with every job completed.
You will have previous experience of managing people with a proven ability to lead and motivate others to engage with maximum effect.
This is a hands on role where your duties will involve overseeing all aspects of the operations within the HGV garage where essential reporting of trends in breakdowns, repairs and damages will be conveyed to higher management on a frequent basis. You will also be involved in the garage P&L ensuring maximum running efficiency at all times.
You will have the ability to grow with the business and assist in the expansion of our garage services by driving the team in the right direction each day ensuring momentum, energy and focus remains consistent.
Job Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure the our fleet and plant remains 100% fully maintained, clean and presentable at all times
- Ensure customers vehicles are repaired, maintained and serviced to the highest of standards at all times
- Ensure all garage employees are busy and working to maximum efficiency
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to perfection without deviation
- Enter and record all jobs onto the IT system
- Ensure all consumables, spares, parts and tyre stock levels are proportionate at all times
- Work with the Transport Manager to plan inspections and maintenance schedules
- Complete scheduled service and inspections as per the planner
- Fix daily in house repairs and breakdowns
- Attend and fix external repairs and breakdowns
- MOT preparation and pre examination
- Tyre / Wheel changing
- Ensuring the garage environment remains consistently safe, tidy and organised at all times
- Welding and fabrication
- General engineering works
Applicant MUST have:
- Experience in HGV mechanical engineering
- Class 1 or Class 2 Driving licence
- Experience in leadership
- IT Literate
- Proactive “can do” attitude towards the job
- Positive attitude
- Self motivated
- Your own transport
- Your own tools
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Mechanical inspection
- Experience with DAF / Scania / Volvo
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Senior HGV Garage Mechanic