Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment business on behalf of our client with regards this temporary position.
- To efficiently cut fabric pieces and products to enable manufacture of high quality clothing
Brief duties and responsibilities:-
- Feed product lines with cut work to support hourly sewing targets
- Quality defects passed back from the supervisor
- Be able to use a variety of cutting machinery
- Lay and cut fabric rolls and clothing items
- Manage workload in line with factory demand
Advantageous Experience/ Personality fit
- Can work independently and unsupervised
- Willingness to learn
- Able to follow instructions
- Problem solving abilities
- A team player willing to change roles and direction as required , offering a varied day
- A good problem solver would also be a bonus
Reporting to:– Cutting Supervisor
We would also be interested in applicants who may not have experience with commercial sewing but have an interest in sewing.
37 hrs per week – Full time temporary to permanent
8-5pm Monday to Thursday, 8-1.30pm Fridays
Hourly Rate : £9.70 ph
Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of our client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this temporary to permanent vacancy.
Our client has been established for over 40 years, and are a nationwide supplier of performance textile and other fabric products. The key product ranges including, Bags & Covers, Flags & Flagpoles, Printed Textiles, Medical and Scientific products.
The Role of a Sewing Machine Operator is to provide support and assistance to areas of the business that require production and organisational tasks to be completed as part of the wider manufacturing and organisational operations.
To assist in the manufacture of sewn goods, this includes marking, cutting and sewing of various fabrics to manufacture a wide variety of sewn goods.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You will have the ability to understand and react to instructions and requirements of the division General Managers in relation to basic sewing tasks
- You will require basic numeracy and literacy and communication skills
- You will be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience or show that you are capable of learning from supervisory staff how to undertake the required tasks
- You will be prepared to regularly change the tasks you are required to do and have a highly flexible approach to working with others
Major Areas of Responsibility
- To operate Lockstitch and overlock sewing machines
- To operate manual and mechanical cutting, eyeleting and similar equipment
- To assist in the manufacture of a wide range of fabric goods
- To undertake preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- To assist in the organisation of materials for manufacture
- Packaging of goods for dispatch
- To ensure work area and environment is kept clean, tidy and organised.
- To adhere to good practice in relation to health & safety and working methods
- Any other tasks reasonably required by line manager.
- To make basic Pattern
- You will work within the modern production facilities at the Chesterfield premises. You will work under one division of the business at a given time but this may be changed by the line managers to suit operational requirements and production demand
- You will be responsible for contributing to the general tidiness and upkeep for the working areas to maintain a safe and pleasant working environment, for the benefit of everyone
- You will join our established teams who will be on hand to provide help and support as you start and learn the role
- You will be able to draw on many resources to deliver the tasks required
- This is a full time Temporary – Permanent role
- Standard hours 42.5hrs per week
- The role will require flexibility of working hours to deal with seasonal workload, there will periodically be early starts and late finishes and occasional weekend hours
- You’ll mainly work in a factory or warehouse.You may spend a lot of your time standing while operating machinery or sitting at a workbench or assembly line
- You’ll usually wear protective clothing, like overalls and safety shoes
- Standard hours typically 42.5 per week
- Holidays 20 days per year – Pro-Rata (Some to be reserved for Christmas period)
Monday: 0800 – 1700
Tuesday: 0800 – 1700
Wednesday: 0800 – 1700
Thursday: 0800 – 1700
Friday: 0800 – 1700
Saturday: When Required
Sunday: When Required
Rate: depending on experience
Overtime:T1.5 after their normal working hours Mon – Friday/ Saturday is also T1.5 and Sundays is T2.00