Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards to this permanent part-time position.
The HR Training and Development Manager will take responsibility for all HR issues. They will work with the Leadership Team to understand the organisational goals and create an HR & Development Strategy that meets the needs of the business. They will also work with Department Heads to identify required employee training and development activity needs for planning and tracking purposes. They will plan and manage recruitment and selection of staff and conduct new employee induction.
The HR Training and Development Manager will play a pivotal role in improving both productivity and cultural well-being.
- Ensure all HR documentation is up to date and legally compliant.
- Manage the New Employee and Leaver Process
- Responsible for talent management.
- Work with recruiters, universities, and other organisation to create a pipeline of talent
- Develop a strong understanding of the organisation’s goals to effectively create a training strategy.
- Gain a working knowledge of each department and work alongside department heads to design effective training programmes
- Audit and assess learning and development needs.
- Act as the first point of contact for all training and development requirements
- Implement training plans
- Collect feedback
- Ensure all certifications are logged and captured
- Work with key suppliers to identify supported training
- Manage external trainers
- People Management
- Communication Skills for both oral and written communication
- Organisational Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Budgeting Skills
- Training & Development Skills
- Emotional Skills and Empathy
Rebecca Thomas Job Enquiry Form
Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this temporary position.
Reports To: Director/ Finance Manager
Direct Reports: Admin Assistant
The client is a family run business which trades in recycled timbers the repatriation of wooden pallets & biomass wood chip. There has been circa £1m invested over the last 10 years with further required to take us to the next level, this being further automation and creating new products from our waste in our drive to send to nil to landfill. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business to cover maternity leave. You will fulfil operational HR responsibilities, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and delivering best practice solutions to enable the company to effectively manage people. Handling a broad range of HR issues and duties including but not limited to all employee relation issues, absence management, Health Surveillance etc. working alongside the Operations Manager.
As the HR Generalist, your daily duties and responsibilities will include, but not restricted to:
- Keeping up to date with UK employment legislation.
- Carrying out all general HR administration duties and tasks.
- Supporting and advising managers in the full recruitment process.
- Arranging and inducting workplace trails.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete and comprehensive set of employee records.
- Supporting onboarding of new employees/ carrying out inductions.
- Maintain employee records to ensure they are up to date.
- Managing all employee relation casework including disciplinaries, grievances, absence etc.
- Providing comprehensive and effective support to managers on the full range of HR activities.
- Participating in specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Process payroll changes, new starters/ leavers.
- Take notes of all HR related meetings, such as investigation meetings, disciplinary and grievance hearings, absence management meetings etc.
- Coach Supervisors and Managers in people management skills.
- Ensure effective attendance management.
- Provide timely data for Payroll processing.
- Providing weekly reports to Managers and Directors.
- Employee engagement i.e. monthly newsletters etc.
- IT literate
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Strong communication and people skills
- Confident understanding of GDPR rules
- Proven track record in HR service delivery within fast-paced Manufacturing.
- Excellent all-round communicator
- Organised, yet flexible
- Positive & resilient
- Pragmatic & agile
- Commercially astute
- Continuous improvement mindset
Required Licence or Certification:
- Minimum CIPD level 3 qualification
Job Type: Fixed term 9 months contract – Maternity Cover
Part time, 20 hours per week (9am-1pm, Monday – Friday)
Salary: £28,000-£40,000 pro rata
Part Time equivalent £17,948.72 – £20,512.82 ph
Benefits: Westfield health Scheme upon successfully completing probationary.
22 working days, 2 of which are fixed by the company plus 8 statutory holiday in each holiday year.
Rebecca Thomas Job Enquiry Form