Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HGV mechanic to assist in the running of our HGV maintenance, service, upgrade and repair garage.
A professional HGV mechanic who is extremely self motivated and driven to ensure repairs are turned around as soon as possible with specific emphasis on safety & quality whilst exercising attention to detail with every job completed.
This is a hands on role where your duties will involve all aspects of the operations in the garage environment.
You will have the ability to grow with the business and assist in the expansion of our garage services.
Job Roles and responsibilities:
* Ensure the our fleet and plant remains 100% fully maintained, clean and presentable at all times
* Ensure customers vehicles are repaired, maintained and serviced to the highest of standards at all times
* Ensure all paperwork is completed to perfection without deviation
* Enter and record all jobs onto the IT system
* Ensure all consumables, spares, parts and tyre stock levels are proportionate at all times
* Work with the Transport Manager to plan inspections and maintenance schedules
* Complete scheduled service and inspections as per the planner
* Fix daily in house repairs and breakdowns
* Attend and fix external repairs and breakdowns
* MOT preparation and pre examination
* Tyre / Wheel changing
* Ensuring the garage environment remains consistently safe, tidy and organised at all times
* Welding and fabrication
* General engineering works
Applicant MUST have:
* Experience in HGV mechanical engineering
* Class 1 or Class 2 Driving licence
* IT Literate
* Proactive “can do” attitude towards the job
* Positive attitude
* Self motivated
* Your own transport
* Your own tools
Experience with DAF / Scania / Volvo preferable.
Wage is negotiable should your application progress to employment