Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent vacancy.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage company Health & Safety systems including attainment / retention of any accreditation .
• Compile & maintain all COSHH records.
• Compile, maintain & review all Risk Assessments.
• Compile, maintain, and review all Safe Systems of Work including methods of relaying instruction to workforce.
• Responsibility for company compliance with all current legislation.
• Organise and chair regular health & safety meetings.
2. Responsibility for recording information and meeting site wide KPI targets for health & safety.
3. Responsibility for safety checks on site.
• Ensure Monthly Department Safety checks are completed.
• Enforce site wide wearing of PPE.
• Police daily working practices and that all Safe Systems of Work are adhered to.
4. Responsibility for management of Health, Safety & Welfare budget.
• Responsibility cleaning and welfare.
• Responsibility for all PPE.
5. Management of Training Systems.
• Ensure departmental training matrices are up to date.
• Identify with Department Manager any shop floor training needs.
• Organise training & maintain shop floor employee training files.
• Implement systems of tool box talks to convey relevant information to workforce.
6. Responsibility for Occupational Health issues.
• Implement systems of periodic health screening for shop floor employees.
• Organise medical checks for new starters.
7. Management of environmental issues and controls (as part of Operations Department)
• Familiarity with Environmental Management System and all related procedures and controls.
• Police environmental issues on both sites.
8. Responsibility for Welfare Facilities on site.
• Supervision of sub contract cleaners
• Day to day management of all issues.
9. Management of Sub Contractors on Site.
• Liaise with Engineering on H&S issues relating to use of sub contractors.
• Implementation and control of CDM on projects / work as necessary.
10. Supervision of site labour
Preferred Qualifications/ Skills:
Knowledge of industry and processes.
Management abilities and experience of management techniques.
Knowledge of legislation and relevant codes of practice – ISO: 9001 and 14001
Ability to implement and work to principals of Construction Design Management.
Will have the confidence to enforce Health & Safety within the workplace.
Full driving licence
Some flexibility with regard to hours of work may be required to suit the requirements of the business.
Daniel Owen's Job Enquiry Form