Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise all aspects of stockyard control.
• Receive all incoming deliveries, unload & allocate to correct department or
area, including weighing and matching material to paperwork.
• Loading of all hirework goods.
• Loading of all material to sub contract suppliers, including grinding.
• Manage and complete all related paperwork.
• Responsibility for all visiting HGV’s & drivers on site.
2. Supervise material transport in and around the stockyard.
• Control timely entry of material into forge, with assistance from forge
personnel marking up required materials.
• Monitor all material or work in progress on stockyards and roadways and
ensure un-delayed progression through production.
• Responsibility for paperwork control & booking up of relevant operations.
3. Manage all aspects of sawing department.
• Ensure timely and accurate execution of all cutting instructions.
• Issue orders & manage sub contract cutting services as required.
• Responsibility for paperwork control & booking up of sawing operations.
4. Responsible for health and safety in the saws shop and stockyard area
• Supervision of daily fork lift truck inspection system in area.
• Keeping area up to standard with weekly EH&S inspections
• Ensure all personnel in area are working safely.
5. Management of metal scrap system.
• Control collection & segregation of all scrap.
• Completion of all paperwork associated with scrap and regular
communication with Finance department
• Ensure timely removal of high value scrap to appropriate customer.
6. Supervision of personnel in department
• Organisation of holidays and cover and manning levels including
• Completion of weekly pay timesheets
• First level disciplinary issues
Basic understanding of managing a stockyard
Basic understanding of sawing operations
Basic knowledge of the operations carried out by all production departments.
Good Health and Safety awareness
Good level of IT literacy
Management abilities and experience of management techniques although training can be given
The stockyard is outside and the role will require activity outside at all times of the year.
Hours of work, Monday to Friday 8.15am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 4.00pm Friday, (37 hours per week), there maybe unpaid overtime associated with this position and the job holder should be flexible with hours of work.
Andy File Job Enquiry Form