Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is looking for talented Business Development Manager to assist with our growth strategy.
Originating from a proven sales background the Business Development Manager will play a key role as part of the Commercial Team to identifying opportunities, grow the business, and establish relationships with clients to secure sales orders for a range of products and services, including energy reduction, purchasing and monitoring.
Candidates should possess a team orientated, pro-active and motivated approach and enjoy autonomy to manage territory and achieve sales targets with the emphasis upon expanding client base and increasing turnover.
The Business Development Manager will be professional, well organised and able to confidently present the companies portfolio of services and products in order to successfully secure sales budgets and raise our profile as a quality energy consultancy.
The client base will be varied from commercial businesses, to social housing providers, local authorities, and various other businesses as and when new opportunities are identified.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and national supplier.
- To establish strong relationships and develop a client base that has specific requirements for our energy services
- To visit and meet potential new clients and advise them through our energy purchasing, reduction and management strategies
- To deliver sales targets in accordance with required statutory guidelines
- To maintain and update an accurate database of prospective and existing clients
- To manage diary and meetings in line with targets
- To prepare and deliver client seminars & presentations
- To provide marketing input and branding opportunities to the Marketing Department
- To work with the relevant departments in-house to prepare bids, negotiate and close
- To accurately handover opportunities to the Technical Services Team
- To account manage clients and provide the highest standards of customer service
- To provide weekly reports on area activity to the Commercial Manager
- To represent the company in a professional and trusted manor
- To maintaining industry knowledge and competitor intelligence
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets – business to business
- Passionate about sales and client negotiation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills leading to the closure of business transactions
- Professional, friendly and outgoing personality with strength of character
- Confident speaker with exceptional presentation skills
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Initiative and self drive
- Computer literacy
- Numerical literacy
- Commercial awareness
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel (within a defined area)
- Team player
- Qualifications in business and/or marketing would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of the energy supply B2B industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of business solar & lighting upgrades would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of energy monitoring and management would be beneficial but not essential