Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is a dynamic family-run, international business currently in 50 countries, who designs, manufactures, and installs fun, exciting, outdoor playground equipment. They pride themselves on creating exciting, innovative, and educational outdoor play equipment that makes children smile all over the world.
Are you someone who enjoys a challenge and thrives on finding solutions? Are you passionate about designing quality, innovative products in a fast paced but friendly environment? Then this role could be for you and we want to hear from you!
The creative Technical Department based at our HQ in Haverthwaite currently has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer / Product Designer. You will be responsible for carrying out duties including research, analysis, 3D design, costing, prototyping, product testing, engineering documentation, and process improvement, not only for new product developments but also improving and maintaining our extensive range of existing children’s playground products.
- Ensuring all new product developments consider, usability, ergonomics, safety, cost, manufacturability, ease of installation and packaging. Ensuring all design proposals meet international, national and organisation safety standards.
- Guaranteeing customer service in everything you do, providing expert advice to your customers in friendly manner to deliver service, with the desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Use of 3D CAD software to create detailed models and drawings of products and its components.
- Updating and maintaining stock records, BOMs and technical documentation.
- Getting hands on constructing prototypes and performing physical testing.
You will need to have
- a get-it-done mindset, who will thrive in the fast pace of a small company where you will be working on multiple projects at the same time, who loves to see their designs become a reality.
- Solidworks or Inventor experience or similar essential. You must be able to think creatively, innovatively and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Knowledge of metal, wood, plastic manufacturing process desirable with the ability to schedule workload and problem solve effectively.
- This is a permanent position and the core working hours are 40 hours per week. In return, they offer excellent benefits and the opportunity to really make smiles in children’s play!
Salary Range :£24,675 to £36,119 (dependant on experience)
Hours : Full time 40 hours per week
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Big birthdays ending in a zero, receive an additional holiday
- Free personalized well-being plans, access to high street discounts
- Employee Assistance programme
- Health Cash Plan