Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking to recruit a Buyer to join their busy Procurement team in Sheffield.
Working in the Procurement team and reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, this role will support the Procurement systems, strategy and supply of materials into production. Drive added value through sourcing strategically, value engineering, innovation delivery and risk management.
Liaising closely with the NPD and Engineering teams you will work on supplier development and improvement activities to ensure there is a seamless introduction of new products to agreed specifications.
- Responsible for the creation RFIs, RFQs, Supplier Evaluations, Purchase Order placement, expediting, due diligence, negotiation, and contract/Supplier Relationship Management.
- Liaison with the Project managers/Project engineers regarding technical, quality, delivery and commercial aspects of the quotations/tenders
- To be aware of critical path time lines and inventory levels and to act upon any issues/discrepancies
- To support the Head of Procurement and the team throughout the sourcing process
- To ensure any supplier non-conformances and/or complaints are managed in line with the company QMS procedures.
- To co-ordinate the timely return of any non-conforming and ensuring any costs incurred are recovered.
- To ensure that all required documentation is provided either in advance or with goods receipt i.e. Certificates of conformity, FAIR’s, material certifications and that these are recorded/filed in a timely manner.
- To maintain a database of approved vendors who have been rigorously evaluated for commercial relevance, performance, quality and value for money.
- Co-ordinating purchasing activity with the wider office-based team
- Supplier Management – to ensure products sourced are in line with the approved vendor list and sourcing strategy, understanding supplier’s capabilities, capacity and performance.
- Escalating any supply concerns to both the supplier and company management
Skills and Experience:
- Considerable previous experience in buying / purchasing / procurement
- Excellent time management
- Conscientious and pro-active approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Pro-active in implementing continuous improvement ideas and training
- Can work under pressure and react quickly to resolve issues
- Independent and able to prioritise effectively
- Experience of working within a Purchasing/sourcing department assisting with bids and tenders.
- Confident communicator and negotiator
- Good Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and Word
- Be able to work on your own initiative and be adaptable
- To have good commercial awareness, be creative and organised with the ability to multi-task
- Must be confident working as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Take ownership of tasks to ensure these are fully completed.
- Maintaining electronic filing systems.
- Any other purchasing related tasks deemed necessary