Andy File Associates Limited is working on behalf of its client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
An exceptional opportunity in a fast growing international company for an experienced Software Engineer with significant career aspirations.
About the company
Our client is a dynamic technology and service driven company operating in exciting international markets.
The company is entering a rapid growth phase and is now seeking to expand its human resources and to support and enhance these opportunities. They represents a rare and exciting company for talented and ambitious people.
In this role, your responsibilities would be:
- Assisting in the analysis, concept, design and technical specification of new products or new functions within existing products.
- Ensuring that your code meets the agreed functionality specification whilst also satisfying the necessary quality, reliability, maintainability and cost criteria.
- Running low level software tests, debugging and writing reports.
- Maintenance of software including defect investigation.
- Contributing to the creation of relevant documentation.
- Assisting customers and distributors with telephone/email support
- Devising production support applications to assist with test/calibration.
- Development and design of customer facing software
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You will have knowledge of Bluetooth and cloud applications / database design and implementation.
- You will be familiar with the full software development life-cycle and be able to contribute to all areas of this life-cycle.
- You will have experience of cross platform software design.
- You will be comfortable working to an agreed specification, evolving such specification (if appropriate) in a collaborative environment, and mindful of documenting any amendments and communicating changes to those involved.
- You will be a versatile engineer with a genuine passion for technology, who picks up new languages and development tools quickly and enjoys exploring new technologies.
- You will work closely and effectively with other members of staff to ensure that projects are fulfilled and customer requirements are met, in a timely, cost-effective and professional manner.
- You may be required to work on more than one project at a time, either individually or as part of a team, so a flexible approach to your work and good communication skills are essential.
- You must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organized, meticulous and accountable for your work.
• Computer science / software engineering degree
• MSc in advanced software engineering