Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is going through a phrase of growth and is looking for a Testing Officer to join their already successful team.
You will be responsible for the reviewing document packs to allow for the accurate creation of testing documents. With your experience and/or education in materials, metallurgy and material specifications you will review the technical and material specifications that are required with regard to mechanical testing. You will draft the test order templates and will assist with drafting mechanical test orders to the approved test houses and collate the results with the correct order on a timely basis.
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you have an understanding of quality systems, ideally with experience working to aerospace and nuclear standards and a wide range of Material Specifications, and you should also have an ability to decipher test house certificates. You will need an excellent attention to detail, outstanding organisational skills and a competent working knowledge of Excel, Word and other windows based data systems.
Working across the business and with external suppliers and customers, you should have excellent communication and liaison skills coupled with a flexible and proactive approach
Hours: 8.15am and 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 4.00pm finish on Friday. Each day includes a 45 minute unpaid meal break.
Daniel Owen's Job Enquiry Form
Andy File Associates Ltd are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy
Vehicle Electrical Design Engineer
To support the conversion of vehicles into electric or hybrid electric vehicles. To play a key role within the engineering team supporting the growing business of the EV re-power of existing buses and trucks and the design of EV installation for OEM customers.
The company has undertaken a large number of vehicle conversions and has amassed a significant amount of expertise and experience in this field. The candidate would be expected to draw on our previous experience, and to systemise the vehicle conversion process and further develop and enhance the products provided
• Planning and expediting vehicle conversions including liaison with external suppliers and internal manufacturing
• Undertake the survey of existing electrical installations and interfaces
• Performing CAN scrapes of existing vehicle networks
• Design of concept electrical systems including initial layouts and circuit proposals
• Production of detailed circuit schematics and 2D harness manufacturing drawings
• Design and guidance of harness routing and packaging with the 3D Engineering team including 2D/3D data checking and release
• Delivery of engineering tasks in time with project milestones
• Support in the delivery of Design Failure Mode & Effect Analysis and full Design Validation programs
• Lead first of type builds and provide engineering support for prototype fault finding and diagnosis
• Control of project electrical system BOM release to manufacturing
• Generate manufacturing and installation instructions and procedures
• Working to all relevant standards and quality process
• Relevant industry experience i.e Automotive, Motorsport, Aerospace
• HNC qualified or above in a relevant electrical discipline
• Demonstrate extensive experience of EDS development – specifically in circuit design, power distribution and electrical packaging requirements
• Capable of original system design from concept to delivery with a good understanding of electrical systems and requirements
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of Design Verification procedures
• Ability to prioritise and manage their own work load effectively
• Good project management and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated team player with strong communication skills able to work well under their own initiative
• Must pride themselves on high quality work and attention to detail
• £25k – £35k+ depending on experience
• Varied and interesting work
• Rapidly growing business in a high tech green environment
Rebecca Thomas Job Enquiry Form