Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
To work hard as part of a team handling technical/ complex, and fast track personal injury cases with a value in excess of £15k to build those cases to become Multi-Track matters where possible.
Building working relationships with clients and external third parties such as medical agencies.
Working with colleagues to develop a strong team ethic and deliver exceptional client service to those involved in personal injury claims.
You will be responsible for a mixed caseload of non-portal PI claims, including Road Traffic Accidents, Accidents at Work, Accidents on the Highway, Product Liability and Occupiers Liability Claims, and complex high value CICA matters.
You will also be responsible and accountable for running a caseload of complex cases, and cases where quantum is expected to be between £15,000 and £30,000.
You will be exptected to maximise opportunities to move claims from the fast track to the multi track.
You will ensure you deliver excellent levels of client service throughout the progression of the case and will ensure you keep the client regularly updated, in line with department service level agreements.
You will be responsible and accountable for ensuring you meet prescribed SLAs and individual targets, including financial and file progression/shelf life targets.
- To draft pleadings, application notices, disclosure lists, witness statements, briefs to counsel, trial bundle index, and case summary.
- To draft Schedules of Loss, including past and future losses, utilising the Ogden tables as appropriate.
- To identify all opportunities to maximise client damages, and to ensure allocation to the multi-track as appropriate.
- To attend Court (personally or by way of telephone) and perform advocacy for Case Management Conferences, Application Hearings and Pre-Trial Reviews.
- To attend at external client visits, conferences with counsel and Joint Settlement Meetings
- To value PI claims competently & utilising JC guidelines/case law where appropriate
- To establish and focus upon issues/facts in dispute in the context of liability and causation; to utilise case law where necessary; to make effective use of Part 36.
- To follow and comply with our client’s Best Practice Guide
- To appropriately involve the Team Manager where input on technical matters and operational issues are warranted.
- Plan workload in order to anticipate and balance priorities
- Maintain an awareness of changes in legislation, practice and procedure, and to share that knowledge with other members of the department.
- Ensure that all correspondence and messages are dealt with appropriately, within prescribed SLAs, providing excellent client service
- Ensure that all clients, on all occasions, are treated with courtesy and dealt with expeditiously
- Work hard as a team player; being a committed and confident litigator.
- Solid Experience in Employer and Public Liability Claims and Road Traffic Accidents
- Experience in drafting schedules of past and future loss including use of the Odgen Tables
- Experience in working with cost budgets, including lodgement, negotiation, and amendments is desirable
- Experience and proven track record in handling a caseload of litigated personal injury claims
- Experience of pre and post litigation case handling
- Experience of delivering against agreed targets
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Strong understanding of current PI Procedures and Rules
- Proven track record of being able to manage and progress claims in accordance with appropriate strategies to secure desired outcomes for clients at appropriate levels of profitability
NB: Experience in handling personal injury litigation claims is advantageous
Technical skills and qualifications
Solicitor, FILEX, or Litigation Fee Earner of similar experience is desirable
It is essential you have strong negotiation skills and are competent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as general computer skills
Experience of using a case management system and Proclaim is advantageous
You must have excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills and be able to collect and assess evidence, determine prospects, provide appropriate advice to clients, and progress the claim efficiently
Excellent knowledge of the civil procedure rules and tactics is essential
23 days holiday to start increasing by 1 day per year of service up to a maximum of 30 days, free parking and more