Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their busy team. The role of the Logistics Manager is to ensure the smooth and effective running of the Logistics Department. The role will have direct contact with customers, Suppliers and key stakeholders and so the role holder must be able to represent the company to it’s expected standards and also be able to work collaboratively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create standards, procedures and processes linked with the movement of materials with a clear auditable trail.
- Create project specific standards for deliveries
- Liaise with the key Stakeholders (Production, Projects, Procurement and Finance) on logistics matters
- Be a point of contact for site deliveries and liaise with stakeholders at sites.
- Work closely with departmental leadership on Custom matters and comply with HMRC guidelines.
- Reviewing of shipping terms, haulage costs and any other associated cost down exercises supported by Procurement.
- Liaise with suppliers on packaging needs to reduce handling and where possible determine line side ready packaging with suppliers
- Report and own delays effecting deliveries and communicate/escalate to stakeholders such as Legal, Project Managers, procurement and Finance and Production.
- Scrutinize all costs within department with a cost down approach
- Review all critical paperwork and champion the company’s standards externally via their logistics suppliers
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Level 5 CILT qualified or above
- Knowledge of ISO18001, 45001 and 14001.
- Experience in the practical application of logistics in a manufacturing workplace.
- Ability to work logically and methodically with a wider team whilst working to deadlines to achieve objectives.
- Ability to influence teams and individuals in times of change.
- Ability to see all stakeholders’ drivers and motivations.
- Experience of logistics within a Manufacturing environment is an advantage
- Experience with Project environments, experience in managing change and setting up new systems, stakeholder awareness, Leadership experience, the role is expected to grow and the successful candidate will be expected to grow the department.
- Production Management and Production Leadership
- Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Suppliers and Site Visitors
- Procurement, Finance and Stores
Skills and abilities:
- Presentation skills.
- Good Communication.
- Time Management.
- Risk Awareness.
- Ability to coach and influence good behaviours.
- Good level of IT competency.
- Work calmly in a logical and methodical manner
Training will be given in Company specific procedures and job specifics. The successful candidate will be able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary. Good employment references and relevant qualifications are essential, and experience working in an engineering environment will be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months
- 25 days holiday plus stats
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org