Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a Logistics Co-ordinator to assist the Logistics Manager in the daily operations of the department. The role will be the primary contact for most of the company’s materials movements and will also be able to scrutinise materials movements against set standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Logistics Manager with the daily operations of the logistics department
- Liaise with the key Stakeholders (Production, Projects, Procurement and Finance) on logistics matters
- Arrange, Control and co-ordinate materials movements
- Conduct logistics administration when required
- Create and expedite purchase orders and the associated requirements of the orders
- Arranging of site specific deliveries such as cranes and other essential equipment.
- Logging of critical HMRC and Customs information and ensuring traceability is maintained.
- Monitor shipments and movements to ensure plans are met and logistics customers are kept informed of any changes or risks.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Level 2 CILT qualified or above
- Knowledge of ISO18001, 45001 and 14001.
- Experience in the practical application of logistics in a manufacturing workplace.
- Ability to work logically and methodically with a wider team whilst working to deadlines to achieve objectives.
- Ability to influence teams and individuals in times of change.
- Ability to see all stakeholders’ drivers and motivations.
Experience of logistics within a Manufacturing environment is an advantage
Experience with Project environments, experience in managing change and setting up new systems, stakeholder awareness, Leadership experience, the role is expected to grow and the successful candidate will be expected to grow the department.
Skills and abilities:
Ability to coach and influence good behaviours.
Empathy with others.
Good level of IT competency.
Work calmly in a logical and methodical manner
Training will be given in Company specific procedures and job specifics. The successful candidate will be able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary. Good employment references and relevant qualifications are essential, and experience working in an engineering environment will be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months
- 25 days holiday plus stats