Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is now looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team based in Sheffield to help the company deliver upon it’s multi-megawatt project commitments.
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
What will you be doing?
- Technically review and understand customer requirements.
- Electrical network detailed design, participating to the development of the single-line diagram.
- Creation of technical specifications for electrical equipment including transformers, high power rectifiers, motor control centres and wiring installations.
- Specification of electrical contractor scope of works for system integration on-site.
- Management of vendors and review of submitted documentation.
- Attending FAT at vendor premises.
- Work with other engineer disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
- Time served electrical engineer
- Strong working experience with electrical systems from 33 kV down to 400 V
- A key aspect of the role we are recruiting for is writing detailed specifications, particularly focused on equipment such as transformers, rectifier and LV panels
- Capability to work on projects in parallel
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Applicable standards: EN60439, EN61439, IEC 60364
- A full UK driving license
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
- Specification and commissioning with kW-to-MW rectifiers.
- Bus-bar system design.
- CAD – schematic capture.
Competitive salary + Day Rate when working away.
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org