Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Leeds has a new exciting opportunity for an Architectural Technician to join their team in the city centre.
Strong technical design experience is essential for the successful delivery of their small and large-scale retail and commercial projects. They are looking for a talented Architectural Technician to join their small but busy design studio in central Leeds.
You will be able to demonstrate a thorough regulatory and technical knowledge of commercial projects, producing working drawings to a very high standard. Your role would be to work closely alongside colleagues and consultants, in preparing and coordinating construction packages including technical drawings, schedules and specifications.
This role does involve some travel, you will be in the office for approx. 3 days per week. Approx. 50/60% of the business is in central London, 15% overseas. Travel is booked using a company credit card and mileage is paid at the statutory mileage rate and paid via a monthly expenses system.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- HND/HNC in Architecture or Building Studies
- First class AutoCAD standards.
- Fast, efficient and meticulously consistent draughting skills, working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent technical and detailing skills.
- Ability to undertake measures site surveys of buildings (not land)
- A thorough knowledge of UK Building Regulations and construction methods.
- A working knowledge of UK planning processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with the regulatory design standards commonly used in the non-residential sector.
- A working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Ability to produce and coordinate comprehensive working drawings packages for Design & Build contractors.
- Ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Available to travel.
- Site meeting experience.
Benefits include free parking