Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a Finance Data Analyst to join their Group finance team. As a member of the Group Finance Team the Finance Data Analyst is responsible for assisting the Project Accountants to prepare meaningful reports for the business. This will involve highly developed excel skills and a confidence to adapt to different data sources, as well as a reasonable understanding of accounting and finance. A willingness to get stuck in and an enthusiasm for crunching data are essential. The main duties include, but may not be restricted to:
- Manage IT systems for the introduction of new projects.
- Run timesheet reports and process labour recharges through the accounts.
- Check grant transactions in light of claim rules.
- Prepare grant claims and liaise with auditors.
- Liaise with grant bodies/ grant coordinators for the timing of claims etc.
- Upload claim data to portals.
- Raise sales / claim invoices.
- Assist the project accountants with their reporting to project managers and department heads.
- Run GRNI & stock reports and assist with stock counts.
- Provide assistance with IT and training to users around the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability, Qualifications and experience:
- A background of finance and accounting e.g. degree is desirable.
- Advanced Excel.
- Knowledge of Access and coding would be beneficial, but equally a willingness to learn these as part of the job will be important.
- Good manager of time and ability to multi-task to deliver a variety of work streams to deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and communicate clearly with a wide variety of people.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player with an open attitude.
- Willing to Travel.
Training will be given in Company specific procedures and job specifics. Good employment references and relevant qualifications are essential, and experience working in an engineering environment will be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months
- 25 days holiday plus stats