Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a highly experienced Process Engineer to join their team as a Lead Process Engineer based in Sheffield. You will be working within the process engineering team to assist technology managers to design, build and commission their systems. You will be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions. You will have direct reports and be reporting directly to the Product Design Manager. The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for a team of process engineers.
- Responsible for the design of process plant and products that meet customer specifications taking into consideration technical and economic feasibility. All within very tight time constraints.
- Review and approval of process design documents – PFDs, P&IDs, Mass and Energy balances, etc.
- Generation of process design documents.
- Generation of process plant bill of materials including equipment, valve and instrument lists.
- Responsible for the correct specification of process plant equipment and the generation of component datasheets and technical specifications that will feed into the procurement process.
- Leading process design safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and Action response reports.
- Developing company technical literature including writing operational and maintenance manuals, acceptance testing procedures and risk assessments, maintenance procedures and risk assessments and compiling supplier information for technical files.
- Develop plant compliance documentation such as flammable gas safety reports, pressure safety cases, general and specific risk assessments and specialist compliance reports.
- Leading group technology transfer with such tasks as commissioning test procedures, mechanical design reviews and control design reviews.
- Develop plant operation and control philosophies including process descriptions, control logic drawings, shutdown strategy, alarm lists and loop check sheets.
- Develop company technology by designing internal test apparatus and writing test apparatus operating procedures and risk assessments.
What are we looking for?
- Chemical Engineering degree and either Chartered status or actively seeking it.
- Experience of managing a team of process design engineers.
- Document reviewing and sign off experience.
- Chemical Engineering experience is a must.
- Evidence of projects in the power industry is desirable.
- Organisational and reporting skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of ATEX Directives and other legislation related to explosive atmospheres.
- Familiarity with process control via PLC systems.
- Familiarity with Safety Integrated Systems and SIL calculations.
Knowledge of compressed gases, pressure systems, the PED and other relevant legislation applicable to the UK and international locations.
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats. and many other benefits