Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Wakefield is now looking to recruit a M&E Design Engineer with a background in Building Services Engineering to effectively manage the day to day operation of the Design and Drawing Office to meet customer and business needs.
As M&E Building Services Design Engineer, you will be reporting directly to the Technical & Design manager and working closely with the National Specification Manager.
Your key responsibilities as Building Services Design Engineer will be:
- Manage daily work flow/capacity planning.
- Liaise and work effectively with other departments to achieve the best outcome for the business.
- Attend senior management meetings to support with business systems and processes to improve the day to day running of the Company.
- Using personal drive and initiative, focus and promote continuous improvement to ensure on-going development of the department and its people.
- Review staffing levels and identify training and development needs within the team.
- Work with national house builders and M&E contractors to develop domestic and commercial M&E designs
- Focus and drive BIM implementation within the department
- Must have an excellent knowledge of Part L and of the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP)
- Previous experience as a senior design engineer or in design related office management role.
- Qualified to minimum of HND level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent subject
- Experience of producing domestic & commercial M&E drawings
- 26 Days holidays plus bank holiday
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, 8:30am to 5:00pm (Mon-Thur) & 8:30am to 4:30pm (Fri)