Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our very busy client is looking for Support Service Desk Consultants to join their existing teams providing excellent Software Support services for their own product as part of their ever growing Service Desk.
The Service Desk work across 3 x 8.5-hour shifts (incl Lunch) – all based in the UK office, providing 24/5 (Monday to Friday) cover to their customers. These shifts are:
- 01:00 – 09:30 (AM shift – teams of 2)
- 09:00 – 17:30 (UK shift)
- 17:00 – 01:30 (US shift – teams of 2)
The first shift of the week starts at 01:00 Monday and the last shift of the week ends at 01:30 Saturday. The shifts are done on a rotation with the team generally working 2 UK shifts, 1 AM shift and 1 US shift every 4 weeks.
Normally a new starter will spend the first 4 weeks working on the UK shift and then join the US and AM shift patterns as a supernumerary during training. Once training is complete, you will join the rest of the team in the standard shift rotation.
The ideal candidate: Will be inquisitive, thorough and tenacious with a strong desire to succeed in a challenging environment. This is not simply a customer service or IT Service Desk position, the successful candidate will enjoy a varied, challenging and complex role.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this role are significant and wide ranging, below are detailed the responsibilities and consequently the deliverables required of the ‘Service Desk Consultant’.
Day to Day activities:
- Daily contact with the rest of the team
- Good communications are essential
- Log and investigate tickets and provide first/second line services
- Ensure client’s expectations are set appropriately and are responded to within the agreed SLAs
- Ensure ticket priorities are completed in accordance with the requirements of the client and prevent client escalation
- Report progress of significant problems to the Team Leader
- Use problem solving skills to identify solutions and communicate them to customers competently
- May require negotiation skills to obtain mutually agreeable solution
- Influence and advise customers on the system
- Self-starter and work independently or as part of a team
- Investigate, identify, implement and test software issues and changes requested by the customer
- Highlight possible internal improvements both with the processes we follow and with the software we support
- Effectively analyse situations and work with other teams in a professional manner to ensure the very best level of service for their clients
- Confident in your decisions and be able to learn quickly from mistakes
- Identify and control the tasks allocated to you in order to meet specified time scales. Ownership of your own workload is essential
- Remain positive and constructive in times of pressure and collaborate for a best case conclusion for all parties
- On occasion, when requested, to provide an on-site presence to support clients
- Ensure that tasks are completed as set by the Head/VP of Support, Directors or Team Leaders
- Be able to organise and manage your time effectively
- Have good computer skills in order to use every day applications
- Follow the company procedures at all times, e.g. timekeeping, time recording, dress code, etc.
- Have an analytical mind-set
- Understand and have experience in the operational workings of a warehouse environment
- Have experience in complex software support
- Have experience writing SQL to a competent level
- Have experience of mapping customer requirements to existing or new functionality
- Have experience of creating specifications to define the existing or new functionality
There is a genuine career path and a number of progression opportunities for successful candidates including up to Senior Project Management and Account Management level so it is an exciting company to join right now.
Benefits: BUPA/Life Assurance/Critical Illness and Pension – holidays 25 days per year accruing 1 extra each year for the first 5 years + 8 bank holidays
Rebecca Thomas Job Enquiry Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.