Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Reports to: Operations Director
Job Purpose: The Senior Project Manager (SPM) has oversight of the purpose and status of all projects and can use this oversight to support project-level activities. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Operations Director the SPM will provide leadership, support and guidance to the team’s Project Managers and a business perspective when required.
- The Senior Project Manager role involves working closely with all Project Managers and Coordinators within the PMO Team.
- Management – Ensure there are regular reviews and accountability for projects.
- Finances – Track basic costs across the program, ensuring margins are always maintained.
- Support the Project Managers when project and technical advice is sought.
- Improvement – Asses performance, Research and develop new capabilities that can be applied to the program.
- Encourage and implement cost saving reductions.
- Support the Commercial Team with Bid responses and technical input.
- Respond to new pricing requests for existing customer.
- Infrastructure – Coordinate and manage resource levels.
- Provide Directors headline updates as required.
- Manage Holiday Cover within the PMO Team.
- Assist with new sales pricing and responses.
- Project Manage specific clients as required.
- Pick up on any overlaps within the PMO Team as required.
- Encourage the Project Coordinators to increase their input into projects.
- Ensure efficient use of all resources across all projects.
- Overview the company’s store operations.
- Input to bids and tenders where required.
- Assist the Operations Director with enlisting sub-contractors
- Assist the Operations Director to maintain and develop sub-contractors
- Contribute to building a matrix of training requirements
- Ensure all projects and covered during staff holidays
- Strong understanding of Telecommunications and Network Infrastructure.
- Time to be split between the Head Office, Home and Customer Site/Meeting.
- Some OOH and weekend work may be involved.
- Some Overnight and European Travel may be involved.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Systems
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Knowledge of Industry Accreditations i.e. ISO 9001
- Competent in a wide range of Telecom equipment and tooling.
- Computer Literate Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Excel.
- Certified Project Manager Qualification.
- Extensive Field and Project based Knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed Drawings and Methodology.
- Strong Man Management and Motivation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Methodical and Logical approach.
- Able to maintain harmonious relationships with Customers and Contractors even during conflicts.
- Able to plan Personal and Working time effectively.