Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our busy client is now moving into an exciting phase of large-scale development with multiple discipline engineering construction projects, they are looking for a skilled project manager to co-ordinate multiple large-scale projects from tender to sign off. This will include liaising with customers, project partners, grant bodies, suppliers and sub-contractors. The projects will typically last for 12 months + be a value in excess of £1m. This role will expect you to travel within the UK and Europe. There may be the occasion where travel further field may be required.
The successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
• Writing tenders and bid proposals
• Managing projects to tight timelines and budgets
• Coordinating sub-contractors and suppliers
• Overseeing installation, commissioning and testing of our client’s products
• Interacting with customers and grant bodies
• Technical and project reporting to funding bodies and consortiums
• Ensuring site safety is being adhered to
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
What are we looking for?
• Degree qualified Engineer (preferably Mechanical, Electrical) with strong core project skills
• Key organisational skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Time management
• Ability to use Microsoft Project or similar
• Good report writing skills
• Have experience of a customer facing
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Must hold a full clean UK driving license
• No travel restrictions is essential
• German speaking/written ability