Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a very experienced Product Manager from the automotive or aerospace sector to maintain a product portfolio including medium size containerised hydrogen generators and new skid mounted large electrolyser systems. The position will be responsible for managing the engineering activities of the set of products either established or in development and to be sold as full engineering packages. The organisation is rapidly changing from a project led organisation into a product organisation structure delivering discrete manufactured products produced in series. To help with this the new product manager role will lead 2 technical leads and a system lead supporting non-product requirements (availability, reliability and maintainability data, documentation manuals, translations, spares list, maintenance plan, test plans, homologation issues, calculations, PLM, engineering BOM, document control). The new product manager role is to drive the delivery of the full engineering packages to production and to client, on time and on budget.
The candidate must be technically highly competent and possess the drive and the energy to lead a team of highly skilled individuals reporting directly to them. Transversely the product manager will receive resources from a technology function (matrix organisation) namely electrochemical device, the control system and the balance of plant packages are all developed by this group under a technology manager. Together with the technology function and production / quality downstream, the product manager’s role is to seamlessly assemble, maintain and organise all the necessary packages for production and client system homologation. The role is identifying and managing critical interfaces between engineering, sales, project management, production, and installation, commissioning and quality assurance. The successful candidate may manage the engineering of projects through packages supplied by technology through to client handover and will be responsible for ensuring the correct deliverables are defined, managed and produced to the highest standard. The role will include the scheduling and tracking of engineering progress with the resources required. The successful candidate will have a proactive approach, be driven by engineering excellence and be professionally assertive as required. The role will report directly to the Engineering Director.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have an OEM aerospace or automotive sector background,
- Have product management as part of an OEM
- Have ideally experience in Hydrogen products or Fuel Cell products
- Have held a senior level position in/amongst a high tech team
- Have a track record of delivering high tech
- Have extensive working knowledge of PLM, BOM, FMEA, Availability Reliability Maintainability, new product introduction, product documentation and homologation, product roadmap setting, cost setting, procurement specification of external packages and design of engineering systems for efficient product data management.
- Have a considerable track record of experience in a responsible engineering role both leading and working with high tech and multi-ethnic teams
- Be educated to degree level – with a mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering degree or other appropriate major.
- Be a Chartered Engineer.
- Have extensive working knowledge of both the design of engineering systems, their requirements and the design of products and discrete engineering packages.
- Have significant knowledge of engineering compliance issues, qualification, verification and testing (FAT through to system level).
- Have experience of justifying and making critical engineering decisions.
- Have acted successfully as the authority to approve technical documentation at all levels.
- Be willing to travel as required.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Familiarity with HAZOP, LOPA and risk assessment methodologies.
- Familiarity with pressure equipment, pressure vessels and the PED.
- Familiarity with the ATEX directives and hazardous area classifications.
- Knowledge of the EMC and Machinery Directives.
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.