Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
This position will provide onsite technical support to our client’s customers and also assist our service desk remotely. A good technical knowledge is essential to ensure incidents and problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently. A desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times is a must along with an understanding of the commercial goals of the business as a whole.
- Provide service desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers
- Manage and own incident tickets via our Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes
- Triage and resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLAs
- Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve first time fix resolution times
- Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers
- Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database
- Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLAs
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience
- Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 2 years’ experience in a 1st or 2nd Line role within a service desk environment
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus
- Cloud hosted O365 skills required
- MS Exchange and Outlook management skills required
- Knowledge of data backups and schedules including VEAAM and Cloud hosted services
- Demonstrated PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent team player with proven mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone demeanour
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- ITIL knowledge preferred or certification would be desirable
- Patience, ability to work under pressure and good organisational skills
- The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own
- Committed to achieve the client’s vision