Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
About the role
Due to our client’s increasing workload and portfolio of clients across the UK and Europe, they are looking to recruit an experienced full-time Agricultural Mechanic/Fitter/Engineer within their operations team. The role will be based from their HQ near Sheffield, but if the candidate has the required practical skills, it could also involve working on their projects across the UK at internationally recognised stadia and sports facilities.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and skills necessary to be a key member of our client’s team.
Candidate that our client is looking for would ideally have
- Experience in Agricultural engineering and maintenance with a range of machinery including Tractors, Telehandlers, Plant Machinery, mowers and strimmers etc
- A good knowledge of diesel, petrol (4 and 2 stroke) engines, transmissions, hydraulics, electrics
- The knowledge and ability to efficiently diagnose and rectify mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and functional issues and repair and service machinery ensuring work is carried out to a high standard, and recorded efficiently
- Experience of operating plant equipment such as tractors, telehandlers, dumpers and excavators would be an advantage
- Experience of overseeing other team members would be ideal
- A CSCS or equivalent card and related professional qualifications would be an advantage, however training will be given where required
- Hold a full UK (or equivalent) driving licence and additional categories of licence will be seen as an advantage
What our client is looking for
- A flexible approach to work, be willing to work additional overtime hours during busy periods as and when the business requires. If you have the required skills, you could also be asked to work on projects in various location around the UK, spending some of your time away from home
- A team-focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- An excellent eye for detail and a determination to complete projects to the highest standard
- A good understanding of customer service and the ability to communicate with customers in a professional and helpful manner
- Focused on Health and Safety in the workplace
Why work for our client
They offer a competitive salary depending on skills and relevant experience, overtime pay, flexible benefits package and performance related bonuses. It’s a great place to work within a great team.
About our client
They are a specialist sports turf contractor who offer expertise to many sports clubs and leading sporting organisations throughout the UK and Europe. Their client list includes many of the biggest names in professional sport and they have the experience and knowledge to ensure that their customers receive the best possible project results. Their passion to create the perfect playing surface means that they aim to constantly surpass the ever-increasing expectations of groundsmen, players and spectators. They have grown steadily to their current position as one of the UK and Europe’s leading sports turf contractors.
Alongside standard pitch reconstruction and renovation, they specialise in the renovation and construction of reinforced sports pitches and have an extensive range of modern machinery and equipment associated with the management of these pitches. Their key personnel are highly experienced and all come from a grounds-management or green keeping background and as such are well informed and able to understand the needs of modern sports turf managers. They pride themselves on quality, efficiency, flexibility and customer service
Salary is negotiable dependent on relevant experience